The Crest Audio CA 18 professional power amplifier /booster is designed to achieve unsurpassed sonic performance and long-term reliability – even when operating under extreme stress – in touring or fixed installation applications. The CA18 provides high power output coupled with true clarity and is well-suited for high-powered subwoofers and passive full-range systems.
Absolute sonic accuracy
Absolute sonic accuracy is the hallmark of every Crest amplifier.
Bass is solid and defined to the limits of audibility, with ample current reserves delivered by an “over-engineered” power supply and advanced Class H circuitry. Wide-bandwidth output devices assure a detailed, transparent high-frequency response. And, thanks to Crest’s exclusive IGM circuit, the CA18 will drive 2Ω loads safely without compromising performance.
Construction and Quality Control
The Crest Audio CA18 is built exclusively in Crest’s USA manufacturing facility, with internal components selected for
premium quality and proven durability. Each modular subassembly is pre-tested,
and once assembled, the CA18 receives a rigorous “hot room” burn-in before thorough final pre-shipment checkout on precision test equipment.
Crest Audio CA 18 Power Specs: Other CA Series Power Amplifiers
4Ω Stereo CA2 CA4 CA6 CA9 CA12
1kHz, .01% THD+N 250W 435W 600W 900W 1200W
20Hz-20kHz, 0.1% THD+N 200W 400W 500W 800W 1100W
Crest Audio CA 18 Features
• CA18 Features
• Crest’s legendary “overbuilt” power supply
• Toroidal power transformer
• Latest generation of high-speed, wide-bandwidth output devices
• Twin tunnel cooling with back-to-front airflow
• Dual, variable speed DC fans
• Massive, extruded aluminium heat sinks
• Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch (TRS) inputs
• Speakon™ connectors or 2 pairs of 5-Way Binding Post Outputs (market dependent)• External switches for stereo/parallel/bridged mono mode, Pin 2/3 hot (+), ground lift, and gain/input sensitivity
• TourClass® protection circuits:
– ACL (Active Clip Limiting) prevents speaker damage with gentle gain reduction at clip threshold.
– IGM (Instantaneous Gain Modulation) monitors speaker loads to detect conditions that may overstress output devices, allowing safe operation into nominal 2Ω impedances.
– AutoRamp gradually increases gain to attenuator setting level when the amplifier is turned on.
– TourClass protection also includes comprehensive thermal management, short circuit, DC voltage, turn-on/off transient, current inrush and sub/ultrasonic input protection.
• Recessed, stepped attenuators
• Front panel circuit breaker switch
• Modular construction
• Five-year warranty*
The power amp is one of the best amplifiers in Kenya and is worth your money. The power amplifier price in Kenya is affordable yet delivers excellent quality output